Monday, February 15, 2010

Super Bowl and Me

My exposure to super bowl is very limited. Frankly speaking I am very big fan of the American T.V show “How I met your mother” and in one of the episode it is all about the super bowl Sunday and how they make big plans that is the characters in the show Ted, Marsha and Barney to watch the super bowl game. The female characters in that show that Lily and Robin wants to watch it because of the super bowl advertisement were as the men wants to watch the game to support their favorite teams.
So actually speaking my exposure to super bowl is through that show. After watching this show I came to know that super bowl is so big in the US and it is worshiped like we worship cricket in India or football in Middle East.
While watching different Super bowl advertisement I came to know that there is a contest were the best advertisement is rewarded
The good thing about this when we see so many advertisement on super bowl and it helps not only the viewer to select from the top three but also open so many opportunity for normal people to break their routines and think out of the box and get in touch with their creative side. As they say sometime competition does takes out the best talents from people.

What did I learn from this module is that how we can elevate our thinking and put more passion in what we do irrespective what kind of job we do. I also learned that we can put passion in our work and be more focused there is so much inspiration one can take from the world of film, T.V and advertisement. I can refer to world famous film editor Walter Murch who does not have windows in their house so that he can have the cinema hall effect 365 days a year.
While creating my own video I had done so much research. I came across so many aspects of editing and digital movie making. I learned conversion from one video format to another. Voice recording in form through audacity. I am feeling good about it as at the end I could act, shoot a small video, edit it , record my voice and make small documentary and send my message to my audience they can be students, teachers or parents or for that matter anyone. I feel more empowered as an educator. I feel I have got one of the most powerful tools that I have learned that is art of making small documentaries.

No comments:

Post a Comment