Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Building bridges.....

I never thought of teaching in an angle of making a compelling experience. I studied in an Indian system were t we had rote way of learning.

We had (teaching testing teaching) every parent wants their ward to become a Doctor or an Engineer.

But when I came to Dubai I started teaching in international system like British, American and IBs were there was some scope of thinking out of the box and being little more creative.

But creating a compelling experience was never thought of in my wildest dream. I could never imagine that teaching could be so creative. Thank to this Module CEP882 that I got some idea of creating a compelling experience.

When I say compelling experience what I understand I would like to illustrate you with an example, I teach ICT for grade 7 and 8 and math for High school students. In my normal Math class of 45 minutes after around 20 minutes my students feel bored they want a break or I could feel some distraction and interest level going down. But in my ICT class the moment my students enter the IT lab the first thing they do is grab a computer and start the lesson, share project and also surf on the internet. Even when the period get over and the bell rings they don't want to leave the lab. I think giving them a creative window in terms ICT librates them from the routine school learning it is one way of creating an compelling experience.

With this photographic module I think that I would be able to cross over the bridge between rote teaching an would be able create a compelling experience. While doing CEP882 readings and especially article by Krause-Graphic design, where he defines that Visual harmony means a balance or agreement between the element both aesthetically and thematically and also tell us to find patterns which are more enjoyable impress me. I think after completing my course I would definitely be able to create more compelling experience in my class and also be an effective trainer.

No comments:

Post a Comment